Subtle changes in your hearing can be hard to notice because of how slowly hearing loss usually advances. Although children are regularly tested, the majority of adults don’t even consider scheduling a hearing exam like they would their vision. You wouldn’t disregard a decline in your eyesight, so why wouldn’t you monitor the health of your hearing?
Here are 6 reasons to have your hearing examined regularly:
- Spotting the Signs: Potential hearing issues can be revealed by everyday situations. Do you frequently need people to repeat what they said? Do you have a hard time hearing in loud environments? Are you continually turning up the volume on your TV? If you said “yes” to the majority of these questions, it’s time for a hearing examination.
- Following Guidelines: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association suggests hearing screenings every decade until age 50, and every three years after that.
- Family History Matters: If other members of your family have hearing issues, this is an ideal reason to schedule a hearing test with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing assessments give a frame of reference for future hearing assessment comparisons, enabling you to track changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Problems, like earwax buildup, or noise-related hearing loss, can be detected early on by routine hearing exams, avoiding additional damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Underlying medical conditions, like kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can in some cases be revealed by hearing loss. Treating these conditions could improve your hearing.
Neglected hearing loss can have extensive consequences, impacting your social life, emotional well-being, and even physical safety. Hearing aids can substantially improve your hearing and total quality of life, letting you fully participate in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and remain alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, your grandchildren’s laughter, or an important work meeting.
Make an appointment for a hearing test with us today to safeguard your hearing health and rediscover the sounds that enrich your life.